If you'd like to speak to one of the customer service team email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply in 24 open hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who are EXPANSYS?
- How can I check if a product is in stock?
- What does my order status mean?
- How do payments work?
- How do I cancel or change an order?
- How do i qualify for free delivery?
- How can I track an order during transit?
- How do I return an item?
- What are our policies?
1. Who are EXPANSYS?
EXPANSYS is the only true global online technology store; we want to become your preferred choice for buying smart mobile devices from the world's leading manufacturers. You can find out more about EXPANSYS in our About Us section.
2. How can I check if a product is in stock?
EXPANSYS is a worldwide company with several warehouses across the globe and direct access to numerous suppliers plus a number of different delivery options (see our Delivery information page). While most products are listed as in stock, dependent on where the stock is held, in some cases your delivery may take a little longer to arrive at your door.
Common stock statuses include:
- In Stock Now or In Stock with limited quantity:
- If a product is listed as In Stock Now, it will be shipped the same day if your order is placed before 3pm and it has been approved by our order processing team.
- If a product is listed as available for Pre-order, it has been announced by the manufacturer, but is not
yet in stock and available for immediate delivery. Pre-ordering a product does not commit you to accepting the order; once
the product is in stock, we will contact you to check that you still want it.
The advantage of pre-ordering a product is that it allows you to be one of the first customers to get your hands on it - especially when the product is in high demand.
- Stock Expected in XXdays:
- Although the product is not currently in stock, we expect to have it back in one of our warehouses shortly. Normally the product page will indicate how many days we estimate it will take for stock to arrive with us. You can still place an order for the product, and it will be dispatched once it arrives.
- Available on request:
- If a product is listed as Available on request, it is not in stock; once you place an order, our team will source the product for you.
3. What does my order status mean?
Once you've placed your order our system shows different possible order statuses:
- Not processed:
- Your order is still waiting to be processed.
- Awaiting further info:
- Unfortunately we sometimes need to ask for furter information. If you see this order status ee have sent you an e-mail requesting some further information (address, pending acceptance of terms and conditions, etc.) - your order will be processed once we have received this.
- Awaiting stock:
- There is no stock available at the moment, you order will be dispatched as soon as we receive some.
- We had to decline your order. Please contact us for futher information.
- Your order has expired, possibly as we required some information and you never replied to our e-mails/calls.
- Customer cancelled:
- You asked for the cancellation of your order.
- Part of your order has been shipped and we are waiting to dispatch the rest. This occurs when you place a multi-part order and not all of your ordered products are in stock. The remaining products will be dispatched as soon as they are in stock.
- Part of you order can be shipped if you authorized the partshipment. You will recieve the available items now, and the rest will be dispatched as they arrive in one of our warehouses.
- What should I do after I receive an email asking for more details?
- The email you've received asks for further information you'll need to send us so we're able to continue to process your order. Simply follow the instructions as outlined in the email and we will get your order processed as soon as possible.
4. How do payments work?
What payment methods does EXPANSYS accept?
To make life as simple as possible we accept payment in a number of different ways. You can choose to pay either with your credit or debit card, or by using some of the most popular ways to pay online, such as via PayPal, Google Checkout or with your Amazon account. The full list of choices is:
- Credit/Debit Card (Eurocard/MasterCard, Visa, Amex).
- Bank Transfer
- Company Account
- Google Checkout
- Amazon Checkout
When do we take payment?
When you pay by credit or debit card, payment is only taken once your order is ready to ship.
Please note: When order is placed by credit or debit card an authorisation for the order total will be done on the card - this temporarily holds the funds to ensure payment can be made when the order is ready. When the order is shipped, the held funds are taken for payment. If the order is cancelled the authorisation is also cancelled, but it may take 3 to 4 working days for your bank to update and show the authorisation cancellation.
All orders we ship are subject to VAT, with a few exceptions.
Irish customers (both consumer and business) must pay the current VAT rate applicable in Ireland. We also deliver to countries all over the world. Orders are subject to approval by the order processing team and appropriate VAT rates will be applied.
Products that are delivered to Guernsey and Jersey are VAT-exempt, as they are not part of the EU. To qualify for VAT-free delivery, the delivery address, not the cardholder address, nor invoice address (business customers only), must have a JE or GY postcode.
6. How do I cancel or change an order?
Contact us directly - our customer service team are on hand to help from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, on 0330 808 0479 or on email@example.com. Unfortunately we cannot cancel an order where we have informed you that we are buying the goods in exclusively for you. Orders also can not be cancelled after dispatch.
See question 9 of this FAQ for more information on returning orders.
7. How do I qualify for free delivery?
To find out more about free delivery, and other delivery choices please see our page on your delivery options. Please note that free delivery parcels are sent out using a standard delivery service and you should allow up to 7 working days at for delivery from dispatch.
8. How can I track an order during transit?
Once you have received an e-mail saying your order has been shipped or part-shipped, you can track your order either by clicking on the link in the e-mail, or entering your details on the order tracking page and clicking on the courier logo.
Please note: It is not possible to track deliveries shipped using the 'Europe - Standard mail service' method.
9. How do I return an item?
Please see our dedicated Returning goods page for full details on how to return products.
Order cancellation before shipment and refund:
- If you paid by credit/debit card:
- If you paid by credit/debit card, you will not be charged until your order is ready to ship. When a credit or debit card order is placed an authorisation for the total will be performed - this temporarily holds the funds to ensure payment can be made when the order is ready. If the order is cancelled the authorisation is also cancelled, but it may take 3 to 4 working days for your bank to update and show the authorisation cancellation.
- If you paid by Bank Transfer:
- Goods in stock: Should you wish to cancel a partly or fully pre-paid order while goods are in stock, EXPANSYS will raise a store credit of the total amount that you pre-paid. This store credit, valid for 1 year starting from the date of issue, can be used on our website for any purchase. It can be refunded on your credit card within 7 days on written request.
- Goods not in stock: Should you wish to cancel a partly or fully pre-paid order while goods are not in stock, EXPANSYS will raise a store credit for the total amount you pre-paid. This store credit, valid for 1 year starting from the date of issue, can be used on our website for any purchase. It can be refunded on your credit card within 7 days or by bank transfer within 30 days on written request.
- If you paid by PayPal:
- Should you decide to cancel a partly or fully pre-paid item whether goods are in stock or not in stock, EXPANSYS will refund you on your PayPal account within 7 days.
Refund after shipment:
- If you paid by credit/debit card:
- If your order was paid by credit or debit card, Bibit refunds are done automatically after receiving notification when credit is raised on the order in our system. Refunds should reach customers bank account in 3 to 4 days after this. Please note: When an order is placed by credit/debit card an authorisation for the order total will be done on the card so the funds are temporary held. When the order is shipped, this is captured for payment but if the order is cancelled the authorisation is cancelled too - but it may take 3-4 days for the customer's bank to update to show this cancellation on the authorisation.
- If you paid by PayPal:
- Refunds are done every day and we aim to get them done within 48 hours of the order being cancelled.
- If you need to be refunded by cheque:
- Cheque refunds are done within a week of receiving notification.
11. What are our policies?
Access to this website is subject to our Terms and Conditions. When you access this site and use our services for the first time, we strongly advise that you read our terms and conditions. Please note that we may revise the terms and conditions from time to time (updating them on our website). However such a change will not affect any usage of the website prior to any change.
It is your responsibility to check whether the terms and conditions have been revised. Your use of this service after the date on which we post the revised terms and conditions shall be deemed to constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions: If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you must stop using the website immediately.
Our security policy:
We take your secruity when using EXPANSYS.com extremely seriously. Website pages on which orders are processed are protected by a 1024bit certificate. If you have any queries or issues regarding security at EXPANSYS please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will of course take reasonable precautions to ensure the security of any payment details you provide to us; nevertheless, barring direct negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any losses incurred as a result of unauthorised access to information you may provide.