ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer – 支援討論區

asus eee can it run windows 2000 [ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer - 158485]

• stevet2207
  • 投稿: 2
  • 註冊日期: 27 十二月 2007

sorry if this question has already been asked but i couldnt find it anywhere

i am one of the lucky people that have managed to get my hands on the asus eee 701 and was reading about the xp install on it.  I instantly jumped up to find an xp disk as my computer was running xp and to my disapointment found that i had a windows 2000 disk but not an xp disk.  the question is whether i can run windows 2000 on it and would it be as straightforward as xp and would i still be able to use the driver disk that came with the asus eee.

i also have an windows 98se disk if that would help

extra info:

i have the asus eee 4g

4gigabyte hardrive

512mb ram(i could upgrade if it needed to be)

usb external dvd drive

many thanks everyone 

• dezman2003
  • 投稿: 7
  • 註冊日期: 1 十二月 2007
Windows XP drivers do not work in windows 2000 for the most part, since the EEE uses older hardware you make be able to find individual drivers for the different components but it won't be as straight forward as an XP installation.
  • stevet2207
  • 註冊日期: 27 十二月 2007

ok thank you for the quick reply.  Dont think i shall do this due to the i havent got the time to spend searching for drivers. 

thanks again 

• Harry83
  • 註冊日期: 11 六月 2021

It is necessary to install drives for running Asus window and you can also install these drivers to find xp disk on the computer. I had great experience with australian essay writing service and I think you should try for some quality content.

;