ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer – 支援討論區

Trying to update software [ASUS Eee PC 701 Surf Back To School Offer - 158485]

• Watty01
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 3 五月 2008

I'm trying to use the built-in software update tool (as a Linux beginner). But every time I connect the system identifies the software updates but when I ask to update I get this message -

"Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution)."

Has worked before and I don't think I've changed anything. Anyone got any clues?

Watty 

• colin987
  • 投稿: 680
  • 註冊日期: 3 八月 2007

I feel your pain!! After 4 months with Linux Im now saying 'come back Windows all is forgiven'!

Just imagine what its like trying to install a program thats not on the built in updates list lol!

Im all for an alternative operating system because Windows requires excessivce system resources, but Linux is unfortunately too like UNIX with its Shell language idosyncrasies. Its like going back 30 years in time with hexadecimal command line instructions. It makes even MS DOS look state of the art!!

I would really like to hear if Linux is any better in any of its other 'flavours'? I hear the EEE version is not the best?

• colin987
  • 投稿: 680
  • 註冊日期: 3 八月 2007

A well known toy store had the EEE 900 XP in stock in my area this weekend!

With the bigger sceen + other mods its a good improvement on the 701 in my opinion

New innovation ought to be benefited in such a manner. I am extremely glad to realize that presently voice innovation will be utilized to perceive the voice of detainees. And getting essay have review proved very benefit able for my work quality. It will help in fathoming numerous cases and to arrive at the resolution.

;