Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 Wireless USB Adaptor – 支援討論區

Drops connection after a few mins. [Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 Wireless USB Adaptor - 107135]

• Gordon789
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 7 四月 2004
I'm having trouble installing a new WLI-USB-G54 under Windows XP Home. It seems to install okay and works for a few minutes but then drops the wireless connection to the Airstation (I've watched this using ping and it seems to occur as soon as the XP machine tries to access the wireless network). Eventually ESSIDSET hangs and the only way to get the network connection going again is to reboot the computer. I have tried installing the WLI-USB-G54 on a different machine under Windows 2000. The same thing happens. The Airstation and the WLI-USB-G54 are close together so signal strength is not an issue. Can anyone help?
  • bbahnmil
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 22 四月 2004
I'm sorry, but I can't help either. I am having the same problem. I've tried the motherboard USB ports and USB ports on a Belkin 4 port USB PCI card. Both exhibit the same behaviour. One thing I have noticed is that if we unplug the WLI adapter overnight and plug it in the next day, it will establish a connection again. Strange. Buffalo tech support is unable to help either. I am running Win2K, so it would appear the problem can happen over different OS's as well. I am running the latest drivers and the latest Buffalo connection software.
  • Mahesh
  • 投稿: 8300
  • 註冊日期: 14 四月 2003
  • 地點: Liverpool, UK
I've emailed my contacts at Buffalo Tech, will get back as soon as I get a response. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mahesh
  • 投稿: 8300
  • 註冊日期: 14 四月 2003
  • 地點: Liverpool, UK
Reply from Buffalo Tech as follows. They said that the ESSIDSET hung, this is our Client Manager program. On the guy with Windows XP, tell him to not use the Buffalo utility and use the built in Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration. This will hopefully fix the problems on windows XP users, let me know if it fixes it for XP or not, if it does I'll talk with the engineers about a solution for Win2000.. Hope this helps. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
;