Compaq iPAQ h3630 – 支援討論區

Compaq iPAQ 3630 language change [Compaq iPAQ h3630 - 100685]

Hi to all members of this great forum. As you can see i am new around here and in pocket pc world also. Recently i've got one iPAQ 3630, it was in very good condition, but my problem is that this unit has german language windows inside and i am not familiar with german at all. What i would like to know is there any possibility that i can transform this on english. I have heard that there is some way to flash the system. I've found on this forum in one thread process of flashing the system via USB cradle. I have only serial one and don't know is it possyble to do the same with serial. So i would like to please you guys if anyone can please explain to me how to do this and is it possible at all to change language. Version of the operating system in this unit is Microsoft Windows CE Version 3.0.9348 Build 9616. This version i have read from the unit. Thaks in advance and sorry if i have asked some stupid questions. Best regards Bojan
  • flander123
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 31 一月 2007
I got the same problem like you with language german, but still havent found software to change lang. to english :(
  • WiseTech
  • 投稿: 3
  • 註冊日期: 3 五月 2007
  • 地點: Germany
Hi, Yes i have the solution to update the OS on Compaq iPaq 3630 into English, I also suffered from it, i spend alot of time in research and finding the right solution for that. and i did it on my iPaq 3630 and it works fine, so feel free to contact me.
  • khobaibbb1
  • 投稿: 2
  • 註冊日期: 11 五月 2007
can you show me the solution please
  • WiseTech
Compaq iPAQ H3630 ROM Update/Changing ROM to other Language. Important Notice: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ This Information is only for education purpose, during the updating of the ROM if your device dead or not function properly, that will be your own responsibility, Risks may be involved if any mistake happen or any other reason in your software/cable or device or power failure. Further more warranty of the product will be void after changing the ROM language. Usually all devices are locked to the country and specific languages, and not allowed to change the language. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Process which i follow: To change the German ROM into English or any other language first downloads the both original ROM from HP/COMPAQ website which your device have and which has to be updated. I do recommend that you must have both ROM in your hand before updating. For example if you want to update ROM from German to English, Download the Both original German and English ROM''s and the open into any free "Hex Editor" and examine the first and second line then u will know what you have to change. Open the following files one by one in Hex Editor and Look. German ROM (NK_Macv177GER.nbf) First Line ( iPAQ 3600-GER-1. ) Second Line ( 77-a17e--------- ) "GER" is Country Code and "a17e" is Checksum English ROM (NK_Macv169USA.nbf) First Line ( iPAQ 3600-ENG-1. ) Second Line ( 69-f2d2--------- ) ENG is Country Code and f2d2 is Checksum Infect changing ROM is cheating the ROM update software “UpgradeUt.exe” by editing the ROM using Hex editor, because while updating it checks the country code in your device and if ROM has different from country code in device, it will be refused. Even you replaced the ROM your country code will not be changed. Trick is... When u start updating the ROM it will ask you to make a backup copy. So make it first. Before final confirmation from the software to start update. Replace the required ROM with the original one which you have to update and then continue. For example you have device running German ROM and you want to replace with English ROM. You have to remember the country code and checksum edit the English ROM with HEX editor and replace the country code with GER and checksum for GER, “Don’t change the any other characters” and before the update program will start final updating process replace the English ROM which you have changed, if it gave you error replace the file name of the English ROM with same as German ROM. If your software accept and start processing means you have cheated the software. Don’t shutdown your device while processing. It may restart automatically while processing, u will also see different patterns and messages as well so don''t worry. After updating if you don’t see all software. Just off your device from the bottom of your device "slide button" to " switch off" wait .... few seconds and then run it again. I do hope that you peoples can do it. I tried again and again ... First i just update the same Language ROM to understand the Process, so that i don''t make any mistake while cheating the software. I did so many mistakes while even refreshing the same ROM, and while experimenting there was a time, i thought, that i made a mistake and my device is dead now. But I again start the processing and at last by using the correct steps of processing "I finally did it" an
  • WiseTech
But I again start the processing and at last by using the correct steps of processing "I finally did it" and replaced the German ROM to English. Important things to be care: ----------------------------------- - Use the latest Active Sync from Microsoft, I used version 4xxx - Make sure your device is fully charged and also connected with the adapter in case battery failed. - Close all programs in your computer and in your iPAQ before start processing batter have a cold boot to your device. - Make sure you computer or iPAQ do not shutdown while processing by any reason else then your IPAQ restart with updating process. - I used USB cable to update the ROM, did not try with serial, it should work as well. - When u connects your device wait so that active sync runs and do synchronization process. - Always make backup of you ROM first. - Do not shutdown your device while upgrading. Wish all of you good luck. Please do write again after your updating process it will help others. Important Notice: All material is for educational purpose only. Updating is your own responsibility, if due to any reason any problem happen with your device, I am not reasonable. What I did, I have explained and my device is working properly. Thanks to the all the peoples who posted their experience and expertise for the updating the ROM, which helps me to understand the process. I forget so many references only remember one (http://www.ipaq.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=6751) All trade marks are the propriety of their own companies and apply copyrights law.
  • stevecane
  • 投稿: 6
  • 註冊日期: 7 十一月 2020

I like DumpsTool customer supports they help me to restore my PC while I am studying my certification exams, DumpsTool ISO-IEC-LI Exam Questions Answers provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt.

You've been through a great deal of sites which guarantee success in CompTIA Security+ certification test but fail? But that will not be true with Dumpspedia, we're a certified supply of true and real CompTIA Security+ Exam 2021 Practice Exam Questions. Besides that, we've got our CompTIA SY0-601 analyzed by distinguished professionals. Additionally, we provide free demos plus also a trial period of 3 weeks with free upgrades, so you may check for any mistakes together with our SY0-601 Practice Exam Dumps before deciding to buy our Practice Test Questions.

;