Linksys WCF12 802.11b Wireless Compact Flash Card – 支援討論區

still wont work [Linksys WCF12 802.11b Wireless Compact Flash Card - 104082]

• kushti
  • 投稿: 4
  • 註冊日期: 2 十二月 2003
This is for expansys tech support, bought the wcf 12 card for use with hp 2210 pda tried chaos40's idea and it won't work tried installing the latest drivers from linksys posted on their site in january 04 and the card will be shown on the 2210 as connected but when i open internet explorer and try to go to a page i get "the page you are looking for cannot be found" so it wont actually get on the internet, and the same with email. Also with the new driver the linksys configuration utility does not get installed, that only gets installed if i use the cd that came with the card, but when it is on the pda the config utility will not work ,the screen just flashes but doesn't actually do anything.
  • Michael
  • 投稿: 10920
  • 註冊日期: 15 四月 2003
  • 地點: Manchester UK
When you installed it did you follow the instructions below. Connect the PDA to your PC with the USB cable or cradle (refer to the instructions that came with your PDA for more information). - Please uninstall any previously installed versions of the WCF12 driver. Click Start Menu\Programs\Instant Wireless WCF12\Uninstall WCF12 Adapter. - To install the new WCF12 driver: - Double-click on the downloaded driver file to "Unzip" - Open the created driver folder - Double-click the Setup.exe file - Follow any on-screen instructions -- Michael - eXpansys
  • kushti
  • 投稿: 4
  • 註冊日期: 2 十二月 2003
Yes i followed the instructions, and like usb stuff i dont insert the card into the pda until the drivers are installed.today i phoned linksys tech support and unlike expansys they gave me info over the phone. they said to use a beta driver off their ftp site, so i downloaded it and installed it after removing previous versions and it wouldnt recognise the card, i then tried chaos40's idea from elsewhere on the forum of installing from the linksys cd first then the beta driver, the card is now recognised although it takes ages whereas before it would take 10 - 15 seconds to link, and now also the config utility works, BUT it still will NOT actually get on to the net, in internet explorer when i type a url i still get "the page u are looking for cannot be found" which has been the same all the way through, even though the card is connected to the network with a signal strength of 100 % ! I have also tried a different browser and that didnt work either
;