Samsung GALAXY S II – 支援討論區

indoor camera problem.. [Samsung GALAXY S II - 209114]

Does anyone notice a red/pink spot in the middle of a pictur or a video when indoor using.i was taking some pictures and i noticed this problem.you can see the spot only when recording or capturing photo when you are indor.Does anyone have the same problem
  • kohiiou
  • 投稿: 2
  • 註冊日期: 29 四月 2011
Software update corrects this issue.  Check to see if you are running XKDD firmware still by going to Settings -> About Phone -> (scroll down)

XKDD is the last four letters of the corresponding firmware.  The current ROM version is KE7, which can be obtained via KIES (an application similar to iTunes downloaded from Samsung).  There is also a possibility an update is possible via over-the-air, but I have not tried.

Four updates have been issued so far, and Samsung is doing a really good job at keeping the phone to date in terms of software.
  • alan_gr
  • 註冊日期: 28 五月 2011

The pink spot issue is not solved by the software update. the sugestion it was may be a rumour based on wishful thinkng It is a hardware issue affecting multiple units and the unit should be replaced.

It sould be a common batch defect or, because here are different camera firmwares for different units which suggests the camera sensors which go into the S2 may not all all have been sourced from the same supplier. It could be that all sensors from one supplier are fauly. A similar issue has appeared on other phones before and as far as I can remember software fixes did not do much

I had 2 phones replaced before I gave up and got my money back and I have only seen one unit (an early one) which did not have the problem. Really Samsung should make a public statement about the issue although if it is an issue affecting a large proportion of their SG2's and it is a hardware defect which cannot be cured I can see why they might not

Yeah  I heard that it is the biggest problem of galaxy s2. Most of users complain they see the pink dot when they take a picture with white background. 
  • kohiiou
  • 註冊日期: 29 四月 2011

http://pocketnow.com/thought/clarification-the-pink-spot-syndrome

Try adjusting the white balance.   I consider it a software issue because (read the above).  If the software was designed to adjust the white balance more intelligently, it wouldn't create the pink spot.

I can complain night vision goggles also have a green hue.  Some camera's don't have a pink spot in the center because the way it adjusts the white balance, it just makes everything pink~ :P

• alan_gr
  • 註冊日期: 28 五月 2011

Reason why its hardware is some SGII's do not have the problem and whites, greys and beiges are accurate on those phones.  It seems likely the underlying hardware issue cannot be fully fixed in software.  I saw reports the HTCHD2 fixes for a similar issue did not work at all.

It also creates a green spot with difffererent colour balance and in situations where the problem comes up the flash changes the colour of the spot. It also happens outdoors with uniform shots, eg. beaches.Having seen both good and bad ones there is also less detail on shots taken with the bad ones.

Incidentally some other phones have no tinting at all and I have never before owned one with this problem.

I am worried that there has been no official recognition of the issue from Samsung, so it could be that there will be no solution to the problem and no certainty of being able to buy a good one. User reports suggest that the KE7 update does not seem to do anything for the problem, but I am not sure it was ever meant to as all of the talk about what it w\s supposed to do was unofficial (basically rumour)

• karendar
  • 投稿: 12
  • 註冊日期: 27 五月 2011
Eh, that's why cameras should stay cameras and phones should just be novelty cameras.
;