Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman – 支援討論區

PROBLEMS UPDATING YOUR PHONES SOFTWARE? TRY THIS... [Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman - 119460]

• Zebedee
  • 投稿: 4399
  • 註冊日期: 23 十二月 2005
  • 地點: :: Bite my glorious golden ass ::
BEFORE you resort to anything else (sorry Pete), there are a few steps you should take to ensure that you don't encounter any problems when running the update program. When you carry out the following, please bear in mind that some of it will seem like going over old ground again and the temptaion will be to skip a step because it's been done already but please please do follow each and every step. I have broken it down into three sections. * Uninstalling previous Sony Ericsson (SE) software/programs. * Installing the latest versions of Macromedia Flash and Shockwave. and * Downloading and installing the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS).
  • Zebedee
Stage 1 - Uninstalling SE programs and Files: (The uninstall option does NOT remove ALL OF THE FILES, so you HAVE TO remove these files MANUALLY!) -> Go to "Start" -> "All programs" -> "Sony Ericsson" -> "Update Service" and click on "Uninstall Update Service". -> Go to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Add or Remove Programs" and if still there delete "Disc2Phone", "Sony Ericsson PC Suite", "Sony Ericsson Update Service" and "Update Service". -> Close the "Add or Remove Programs" and "Control Panel" window. -> Go to "My Computer" -> Double click "HardDrive (C:)" (or what ever drive the software is stord on if more than 1). -> Select "Program Files" -> Select "Sony Ericsson" folder and delete it. -> Restart PC. -> Double check that there is no more SE software on the computer by going through steps above again.
  • Zebedee
STAGE 2 - Macromedia Flash Player -> If not already, temporarily change your default web browser to Internet Explorer (IE). -> Click here to download the latest version of Macromedia Flash Player. -> Uncheck the box marked "Yahoo Toolbar" (you do NOT want this). -> Click the "Install Now" button. -> Now click here to download the latest version of Macromedia Shockwave Player. -> Again, uncheck the box marked "Yahoo Toolbar". -> Click the "Install Now" button. When you do this, if you have your pop-up blocker enabled, you may get a warning that you need to allow an ActiveX program. Click on the yellow/gold box at the top of the page to do this.
  • Zebedee
STAGE 3 - The Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS) -> Click HERE and download the file "W800_Signed_USB_Drivers.exe". -> Plug phone in turned on and let the "Found new hardware" wizard start and install all the other necessary drivers! -> NOW, you can download the Update Service program from the SE website (ensure you downloading the actual program NOT the drivers). -> Ensure battery is 100% charged (means charging with phone turned OFF)! -> Remove SIM and memory stick before starting the SEUS! -> DON'T turn the phone on until update has completed! -> Don't forget to press and hold "C" when connecting (when told to do so by the SEUS)! -> Only once update completed can you turn phone on and plug it in again. -> THEN you can download the PC suit and Disc2Phone software.
  • Zebedee
I have just ran through the Sony Ericsson update Service and there is now a new step. The program will automatically check to see if it is up to date and if not will update itself. You may receive pop up messages about program access, allow program changes etc. Just agree and accept all of the windows options. When you run the SEUS, it may now not reach step 6 again and the phone will turn on. If this happen, just leave it be. The Hardware wizard will start and install a new driver "USB FLASH". Select the first option and continue. Once the wizard finishes, turn off the phone again and restart the SEUS program. It will now run as normal!! Any difficulties, please feel free to e-mail me (contact.zebedee@ntlworld.com) and I'll either walk you through it or send you screen shots of each step.
****** Please donate to your local cancer care trust ******
  • Zebedee
If you would like a much more detailed set of instructions then I have done this as a Word document that can e-mailed if necessary. The only screen shots that are currently missing are the actual using of the Update Service but I will address this later. It's not posted here as it is about 3MB is size and would probably bugger the server!
  • w800freaky
  • 投稿: 8
  • 註冊日期: 22 六月 2006
can u send me that email plz jakewylerowns@yahoo.com thanks zeb
  • Zebedee
Before I do and as I have unlocked this thread to get feedback, can you explain which parts specifically you are having trouble with and require the screenshots for? If you would rather not post here then e-mail me at contact.zebedee@ntlworld.com. Of course I will send them regardless but just so I know. I just want to make sure that my instructions are correct or if I need to explain a point better. Thank you.
  • w800freaky
  • 投稿: 8
  • 註冊日期: 22 六月 2006
well when im running seus, it tells me to hold c, ok all that good stuuff happens, everything u say happens, but my phone doesnt update, seus is stuck at that window listing the steps for updating ur firmware, how do u know when ur phone is updated, does it show on ur phone, man im a big noob anyone have aim that can help me plz?
  • Zebedee
This is what we refer to as the "Stuck at step 6" problem which I thought we had sussed. I'm assuming your phone turns on after you press and hold the C button and connect to the computer. If this is the case then it's normally due to a missing driver, usually the memory stick driver. When this happens, shut down the SEUS but leave the phone as is. Leave it connected and let it start up. The "Found New Hardware wizard should start again and install a driver. You can then go back, turn the phone off, and re-try the SEUS. RE: Screnshots. As it is, I don't have screen shots for this problem as I couldn't re-create it. If you've got this far you are literally one step from completion in which case the screenshots won't help.. Let me know how you get on.
  • slugworth
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 20 七月 2006
ok me being very dumb and new to SE, how do i get hold of SEUS?! duh.... lol
  • chestervn
  • 投稿: 20
  • 註冊日期: 7 八月 2006
i have a question, help me plz bro whenever i connect my phone to my Pc, the phone turn on and if i turn off, the PC cant recognize it i tried C buttons but useless. i just buy my W800 for 1 week My location is Indonesia thanks Bro
;