Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman – 支援討論區

Opera Mini setup [Sony Ericsson W800i Walkman - 119460]

• alanepton
  • 投稿: 152
  • 註冊日期: 26 三月 2006
  • 地點: Rotherham
Well, I downloaded Opera Mini the other day. For all those that don't know what this is, it is a piece of software for your phone that allows you to view normal web pages i.e. not just wap sites but sites like this one too. Anyway, I tried to connect to the net using Opera Mini and all I got was "processing." After fiddling with some of the O2 WAP GPRS settings, I can now connect fine so I just thought I would post how to do this on these boards, just in case anyone else is having the same problem with O2. I am unsure as to whether this applies to other networks too. You just need to do the following... "Menu" -> "Settings" -> "Connectivity" tab -> "Internet settings" -> "Internet Profiles" -> Highlight "O2 WAP GPRS" and select "More" -> "Settings" -> select "Internet Mode" and change this to "HTTP" -> select "Use proxy" and change this to "Yes" -> "save" the settings You should now be able to connect fine. Obviously, if you are doing this on a different network it won't say "O2 WAP GPRS" in "Internet Profiles." This needs to be the GPRS connection that you are using to connect. Alan
  • alanepton
Wow, I got a sticky! Yay! lol
  • SOTT
  • 投稿: 64
  • 註冊日期: 1 四月 2006
  • 地點: Portsmouth, UK
Excellent work alanepton, you've just solved a problem I've been having for a while now! I'd given up in fact, after fiddling with a few settings, but now with your help I can browse the internet properly :-) I'm with O2 as well, and Opera Mini worked a treat on my phone in it's previous incarnation as a K750i. When I had it flashed to a W800i recently, Opera Mini refused to recognise my (already working) internet connection. The thing that really did the trick for me I think was changing the 'Internet Mode' to 'HTTP' from 'WAP'. I'm not sure if the proxy setting made a difference but I changed it as well anyway! Many thanks :-)
  • alanepton
Glad to be of service. I'm making this post using opera mini now. I think its pretty impressive.
  • neilanglim
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 11 五月 2006
I was hoping you can help me. I am tring to install opera on my W800i. I have followed your advice and the internet settings are correct. I am currently using T-moble as my service provider. When I try to start and "test the network connection" an error messeage comes up and says: " You do not have a working network connection. Please visit http://help.opera.com/mini with your desktop browser for instructions. (error:3.0.10:80/) Hope you can help Neil
  • Zebedee
  • 投稿: 4399
  • 註冊日期: 23 十二月 2005
  • 地點: :: Bite my glorious golden ass ::
uninstall opera mini. Make sure you can access t-zones. Download Opera mini straight to the phone (don't dowload it to PC first). Should work without hassle. At least it did on my W800i on T-Mobile so yours should be the same. Main thing is that you make sure you can connect to T-Zones / internet without Opera installed. Also, make sure phone is set up to use GPRS & GSM, not just GSM.
****** Wake up and smell the maple nut crunch ******
  • james123
  • 投稿: 3
  • 註冊日期: 24 六月 2006
how do u down load mini opera directly 2 ure fone, and also i have changed all da settins but i cant connect to t-zones, plspls help me fnx from james
  • Zebedee
  • 投稿: 4399
  • 註冊日期: 23 十二月 2005
  • 地點: :: Bite my glorious golden ass ::
How the hell did you manage to translate that last post Pete? It's not in English or any language I could find. Babblefish simply froze then shut itself down. And I could have sworn I heard the words "....chavs!..." mentioned as it went! What is "ure", "plspls", "settins" and "da"??? "Help me fnx"?? Not sure I want to help you "fnx". Sounds a bit wink wink nudge nudge.
****** Please donate to your local cancer care trust ******
  • james123
im sure im typin in english
  • james123
i did the sonyerricsson websyte 1 and it didnt do anything it still dusnt wurk
  • im2sexy69
  • 投稿: 516
  • 註冊日期: 22 十二月 2005
  • 地點: Swindon Town F.C
NO NO NO pete - your not spelling it correctly; it should be like this; "Den tie Da T-mob websyte 1..." Get with the times Pete :P -------------------------------------------------------- Im Not Only 2 Sexy...Im Also 2 Damn Nice --------------------------------------------------------
  • im2sexy69
  • 投稿: 516
  • 註冊日期: 22 十二月 2005
  • 地點: Swindon Town F.C
I hate to say i used to be one, not to many years ago...until i grew up, found the joys of Clearasil, the Gym & Girls. Booyakaha...Wheres Me Julie...Init Pete -------------------------------------------------------- Im Not Only 2 Sexy...Im Also 2 Damn Nice --------------------------------------------------------
;